Friday 8 January 2016

10 Things You Didn't Know About Quantico's Priyanka Chopra

10 Things You Didn't Know About Quantico's Priyanka Chopra 

priyanka-chopra-quantico-seasons-1
Unless you've been living under a rock, you've seen or heard about Priyanka Chopra and ABC's Quantico. The one-hour drama, which premieres this Sunday night, is about a group of recruits who have arrived at the FBI Quantico base for training. They are the best, brightest, and most vetted, which makes it all the more wild to think one of them could be responsible for an attack on the largest city in the United States. A show this big needs a star capable of handling the immense workload and publicity, and ABC has found that in India's own Priyanka Chopra, 33. Get ready to find out why.
1. True or False: One of your nicknames is Piggy Chops. If true, explain! "Oh my gosh, it was a joke from one of my costars from a movie we did. Chops because of Chopra and Piggy because I like to eat a lot. [Laughs] It was cute for a while, but now it’s like, 'Ahhh!'"
2. You teamed up with Freida Pinto for Girl Rising. She just guest-starred on The Mindy Project with Mindy Kaling. Have you seen the show, and if so, what role would you like to play? "I haven’t seen it, but I look forward to seeing it. Frieda speaks so highly of it. I could play Mindy’s sister visiting from India!"
3. You have amazing hair, eyebrows, and lips. What did you love most growing up, and what did you like least? And now what’s your favorite feature? "I think I liked my eyes the most growing up. I hated everything else! The hair was too much, eyebrows were too bushy, the lips were too big! But when you’re a teenager, everyone has an issue with something about themselves. But now my favorite feature is my confidence! [Laughs]"
priyanka-chopra-quantico-bts
4. Adolescent nutrition is a social cause very important to you. What inspired you to take on this cause?"It’s just important to understand that so many people in the world are the future generation, and we need to take care of our kids and make sure they get an education and get proper nutrition. The evolution of humanity is in our hands. I was fortunate enough to have parents who knew how to take care of their kids, and we had nothing to complain about, but so many people in the world don’t have that luxury. I think it’s really important to empower parents."
5. You’re a global brand ambassador for Guess, and Paul Marciano even said you reminded him of a young Sophia Loren. What’s your photo shoot necessity? "I just make sure I have an amazing playlist because that’s so important to have good energy around you. Bryan Adams photographed me for Guess, and he even sang "Heaven." India loves Bryan Adams! Not many people know this. He played my date in one of the photos."
priyanka-chopra-bryan-adams
6. You won the Miss World pageant in 2000. Have you ever seen Miss Congeniality, and if so, what did the movie get right? "I feel like we should do an episode of that! I’ve been in only two pageants, but there was a bunch of mean girls situations going on. A bunch of girls felt entitled to win, but what is not shown is the camaraderie you have. There’s so much competition you don’t expect it to happen, but at the same time, the fact that what brings us together is that we’re representing our nation and trying to be the best which brings us together. You only have each other. It was a huge learning experience for me. I had to wing it a lot. I was very fortunate because my mom was with me, and as soon as I won, we both looked at each other and said, 'Oh shit!' But she looked and me and said, 'I got you.' She keep me abreast of everything happening in the world and helped me form opinions so I had the confidence [to do the job]."
7. Your parents were both physicians in the Indian army. What’s the best piece of advice they gave you? "I knew since I was five I didn’t want to be a doctor. I was practically raised in a hospital, [but with] the level of formaldehyde and the sight of blood, I knew I couldn’t be a doctor! They definitely taught me discipline, and respecting people’s time, and whatever the job is, nothing is ever menial."
A photo posted by Priyanka Chopra (@priyankachopra) on 

8. You have lived in both Massachusetts and Iowa and have spoken about being bullied in your younger years because of your nationality. What helped you push past the negativity? "High school is hard for everyone. Everyone is bullied and picked on. There’s peer pressure, and the fact that I didn’t look or sound like everyone else didn’t make it easier. Different people react differently because of insecurities, and I think I understood that. It was very hard when you’re 15 and 16 and subjected to it, but looking back I see that it was probably fear and insecurity of the unknown, and I can forgive it. I wanted to be a survivor."

9. You have almost 11 million followers on Twitter. I’m going to pick three people (out of 401 you follow), and you tell me what prompted you to follow them. (a) Lindsay Lohan, (b) Tony Goldwyn, (c) The First Lady. "So, Lindsay Lohan...I find it extremely intriguing to understand and think about why she does what she does. I’m not a judgmental person, but it amazes to think about…I always try to put myself in someone else's shoes, so I just find her perspective really amazing. Tony Goldwyn: We met at the upfronts in New York, and he’s great. I love ScandalMichelle Obama: I just love FLOTUS. She’s the epitome of class and grace. I love how she handles herself as a mom, as a woman. Women should exude class, and she does."
10. What are three random qualities you look for in a guy other than being kind, loyal, intelligent, etc.?"He’s got to have good taste in shoes. The kind of shoes a man wears says so much about him. You have to wear your style like a T-shirt, not like a tuxedo. I don’t like extremely groomed outfits on guys. It’s a big turn off for me. A guy should have confidence and be able to be who he is. I don’t like pretentious people or people who put on an act. And he should be able to make me laugh. Sense of humor is very high on my list."

source : glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts